My Livornese friend and I exchange language on a daily basis. I speak to him in Italian and he speaks to me in English. On Monday we were sitting in the courtyard and he appeared a bit down, so I say "Cosa mi dici Livorno." (Tell me something about Livorno.) He says that the city often takes on the mood of the calcio team and the previous day Livorno lost their match and therefore is out of the Champions League. The following morning no one was in the town squares and the government workers didn’t go to work, they all went on sciopero (strike). I asked him if that’s why he was down. He said probably, so maybe for him it was also sciopero in the courtyard.
One of the stories commonly in the media in the past few weeks was the return to Italy of calcio superstar Ronaldo. But a running joke is surely he came back, but he came back fat. So I found the following stunt amusing. As Ronaldo is exiting a building they first throw a soccer ball for him to head. Then they throw a panettone his way.
> Watch Ronaldo dodge the flying panettone
2 comments:
I really do miss italian TV. I think about getting the RAI and MediaSet expantions for my cable, but every time i see my bills, i think about cancelling cable. That video was not avalible from my country. :(
I'm so sorry the video isn't available in Yankee territory. I'll check to see if it ends up on YouTube also. I think some RAI programs may be available online. I love Italian TV, there is a show called Distraction, where they distract people while they are trying to answer questions. It's quite entertaining.
Post a Comment